Marketing Services Grant for Nonprofits
The Cause Populi marketing grant is a matching grants program designed to enhance the visibility of qualifying nonprofit institutions. The original Grants program has been revised in order to narrow down the applicant pool, and better serve the organizations awarded. As part of this new program, Cause Populi will provide matching in-kind services to qualifying US-based nonprofits for specific types of branding, marketing and communications projects valued up to $50,000. The Cause Populi marketing grant DOES NOT provide nor has it ever provided CASH AWARDS under any circumstances.
Cause Populi is a leading national full-service marketing agency that primarily serves nonprofit organizations and socially responsible companies. As part of our mission, we have a commitment to give back to the nonprofit community, and the Grant program is one of the ways in which we do it. To learn more, please visit the About Us page.
OVER $1.5 MILLION AWARDED TO DATE
The Cause Populi Marketing Grant has awarded over $1.5 million dollars in in-kind services since its inception, having benefited dozens of small, medium, and large nonprofit organizations from across the USA. The grant will match or subsidize up to US $3 dollars per every dollar contributed by the recipient organization towards the project. The recipient organization may contribute directly, or may seek outside funding to be able to pursue the project without any direct costs.
Past recipients of the Grant include:
TYPES OF PROJECTS COVERED BY THE GRANT
The Cause Populi Marketing Grant may only provide in-kind services for the following types of projects:
- – Branding (Logo, Taglines, Copy writing, etc.)
- – Graphic Design (Brochures, Stationery, Collateral material, Annual reports, Infographics, Presentations, etc.)
- – Communications and Marketing Plan Writing / Consulting
- – Website / Mobile Site Design and Development
- – Social Media Design
- – Video Production (live action, animation, motion graphics)
NOTE: Projects of ANY other kind will not be considered for the Grant. Media or advertising expenditures cannot be covered by the Grants program, this includes: Billboards, Radio advertising, TV advertising, Print advertising, Signage, Online advertising, etc. Qualified nonprofits may receive up to $10,000 in free search engine advertising from Google through Google Grants. Cause Populi offers a Google Grants management program for qualified nonprofits, for more information CLICK HERE.
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION PROCESS?
The Cause Populi Marketing Grant is a competitive grant opportunity, receiving many applications on any given cycle, but only awarding a few projects subject to available funding. The process is as follows:
- 1. Organization must submit the online application by the deadline
- 2. Cause Populi will verify eligibility of organization and project
- 3. If deemed eligible, Cause Populi will conduct an initial interview between the applicant and a member of the Grants Committee
- 4. If interview confirms eligibility, a fair market value (FMV) assessment will be conducted. This assessment will help determine the project’s commercial value as well as the amount of the grant subsidy. This assessment will be sent to the applicant, who must approve it in order for the process to continue.
- 5. Upon approval of the FMV assessment by the applicant, the Grant Committee member who conducted the interview will present the application and case to the Committee in full. The Committee will then make a decision on whether to award the project or not. Award decisions are irrevocable.
- 6. Upon award of the Grant, the beneficiary organization is notified, and Grant documents are delivered for signature and execution within a set deadline.
- 7. Failure to execute and submit the Grant Agreement by the set deadline will result in the rescission of the Grant Award.
WHAT ARE THE DEADLINES TO APPLY?
The application deadline for the next award cycle is OCTOBER 9, 2015, and will start taking applications on AUGUST 10, 2015. However, applications are reviewed on a rolling, first-come, first-served basis. Once the Grant funds have been depleted for any particular cycle, no more awards will be approved. Consequently, the sooner you apply and complete the application process, the better your chances of being awarded.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We strongly recommend reading the Frequently Asked Questions section prior to applying, for more detailed information on the Terms and Conditions of the Cause Populi Marketing Grant. Please CLICK HERE to learn more.